- Sleeping in the convention space is strictly forbidden.
- Disruptive behavior of any kind will not be tolerated and can be grounds for immediate removal. You are not entitled to a warning.
- Certain areas of AggieCon require badges to ensure security of property and persons.
- Children under the age of ten must be with their parents at all times. Those between the ages of 11 and 17 may roam freely, however parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s actions. If they break it, you bought it.
- AggieCon has adult content. For certain panels, events, and areas minors may either require the escort of a parent/guardian or may not be allowed at all.
- There may be no drugs or alcohol in the AggieCon convention space.
- We are not responsible for what happens during your private parties.
Badges must be displayed at all times while in the convention space. Badges much be clearly visible and in a location where security may easily identify it as one issued by this convention. Please refrain from adding your AggieCon badge to your badge collection until after the con. Security reserves the right to request that you relocate your badge to a more visible location. After three requests, security reserves the right to request that you relocate your badge to their custody and remove yourself from the convention space.
Convention attendees are requested to engage in regular grooming habits to maintain their personal hygiene and limit body odors. This includes bathing or showering at least once per day and changing into clean clothes afterwards. If you need assistance in obtaining a space in which to properly clean your body, please feel free to ask your friends if you can borrow their shower. Clean clothing is available for purchase in the dealers room. Febreeze is not considered an acceptable substitute for showering. Neither is Axe.
Cosplayers are reminded that this is a family friendly convention, and care should be taken to ensure that costuming is appropriate to that environment. Security reserves the right to request that you made additions to your costume in order to provide appropriate coverage. Regardless of the type or coverage of the cosplay, please remember that Cosplay is Not Consent.
Glitter: The Brazos Valley Expo Center does not allow glitter, confetti, or any other similarly small and difficult to clean materials. Please check your costume for fairy dust.
Body Paint: Please, for the love of Galadriel, seal your body paint.
This is an alcohol free convention. Please limit consumption of alcohol to non-convention spaces. Any incidents of underage drinking that are brought to the attention of convention staff will be reported to the appropriate authorities. The convention staff also requests that other beverages be confined as much as possible to containers which can be closed and sealed when not in use. A container which can be closed and sealed is defined as one which can be briefly turned upside down when closed and won’t spill. Please do not test your container over any location which cannot be easily cleaned.
Open carry of real weaponry is not permitted at AggieCon. All weapons, including concealed firearms, must be approved by security. Persons in possession of a concealed firearms are politely requested to bring proof of registration to the security lead or a designated representative.
Any non-concealed weapons must be either clearly fake, or secured. Please do not point realistic firearms weapon at another attendee.
All bladed edges and pointed tips must be covered and the covering secured with ties. If the covering or fastening is not approved by security, covering and fastening will be provided in the form of duct tape and zip ties. Security is not responsible for any damage to improperly secured weapons caused by duct tape and zip ties. Security reserves the right to provide more complex coverings and fastenings for additional violations of this rule.
Certain areas are limited to adults over the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 may only enter these areas while in the company of a parent or guardian. Security reserves the right to request ID or other verification that the accompanying adult is, in fact, a parent or guardian. Attendees wearing badges marked as “Field Trip” are barred from Rocky Horror and the 18+ area of art show without exception. Proof of parent/guardianship includes, but is not limited to: IDs with identical last names, embarrassing pictures you were saving for their first date, funny stories of wrong answers they gave on their test last week, and stretch marks.
AggieCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwanted photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Violators of this policy will be removed from the Con. Attendees may report any violations of the Harassment Policy to any person wearing a security or convention staff badge.
- All weapons must be peace-bonded. Our security officers are capable of providing both assistance and clarification.
- No matter who you are cosplaying, if a cop would cite you for indecent exposure, it’s inappropriate. You will be politely asked to change and refusal will be grounds for removal.
- Cosplay is not consent. Attendees should ask cosplayers for permission before touching or taking pictures. Unwanted touching or photographing will be grounds for removal.
Photographs, Videos, and the Press
- Photography is not allowed in badge-only areas without permission from the Director and all parties that would be present in the images.
- Photography is not allowed in the Art Show.
- Attendees should ask permission before photographing a dealer’s products.
- Members of the press must have and display a press badge issued by Registration at all times. Failure to respect the privacy of AggieCon’s personnel, guests, and attendees will be grounds for removal.
- Photographs taken at the convention may not be sold in any way without the permission of the people in the photograph.
Convention Attendees are requested to please use appropriate trash receptacles as needed. While some of the convention staff are parents, they are not your parents and have no desire to clean up after you. Also, the House Elves were all given socks at AggieCon five years ago, and the dealers room has never quite been the same.
AggieCon would like to ensure that all of our attendees have access to our programs and panels. However, the architecture of the venue may cause minor delays in reaching certain areas of the convention for those attendees who are mobility impaired. If you are in need of assistance at the convention, please do not hesitate to ask a volunteer to help you.
- Help keep people moving, especially in high traffic areas such as hallways and the dealers room. Be mindful of your surroundings and move out of the way if you are causing a traffic jam. If someone else is causing a traffic jam, politely ask them to step aside.
- Don’t block the way. Even if you aren’t in the way, your possessions might be. Make sure that your bag or costume isn’t keeping someone from moving freely through the convention space.
- Offer to lend a hand. The staff of the Brazos Valley Expo Complex and AggieCon volunteers have done their best to ensure space is available in all of the panel rooms for wheelchair or scooter using attendees. If you find yourself in a room where chairs or other items have been moved to block or fill this space, please help to clear the way.
The convention and security staff reserve the right to request that you cease any behavior deemed to be inappropriate, overly disruptive, or otherwise disturbing to the enjoyment of other convention attendees. Repeated requests may result in revocation of badge and removal from the convention.